Wednesday, July 10, 2013

"I Will Steal You Back" by Jimmy Eat World

Today's guests hail from Mesa, Arizona - Jimmy Eat World is actually a band with a history in music, a bunch of guys teamed up back in 1993. Yeah, pretty much time has passed since then! However, as a young music lover residing outside the US, I don't even remember whether I heard them or saw their videos before. And this little detail has gotten me to write down this new post, specifically on  I Will Steal You Back from their seventh studio album, Damage, which is already released almost a month ago on June 11 under Dine Alone Records. The members of the band are (from left to right) Rick Burch (bass guitar, back vocals), Zach Lind (drums), James Adkins (lead vocals, lead guitar) and Tom Linton (rhythm guitar, back vocals).

The band goes around alternative rock mostly, so in case there are alternative fans out there, this is your band. Actually one can get enough information from the net since JEW is already popular by now, whereas I would rather define this level of popularity as an underrated one. I'm apt to think that these guys only aimed for good music and just recording it without any label, thus getting popular worldwide has perhaps never been their ultimate goal. Anyways, for potential fans out here outside the US, here it goes.

I thought the most intriguing thing to do for the prudent reader would be digging the net and finding out where the weird title of the band comes from, so I just did that. It became clear to me after reading the interview Chris Blackburn did with the vocalist Jim Adkins here. Funny story to read.

"Actually, it's a picture that my little brother drew ... probably five years ago. My brother Jim beat up my younger brother Ed, and Jim ran into his room and locked his door, and Ed drew this picture that said "Jimmy Eat World", and it was a picture of him eating the world. My brother Jim is kind of a big guy. A stupid name."

As to my pick I Will Steal You Back, well, it's a pretty powerful one and one step closer to the energetic and captivating nature of old rock. Just the type of music that you would want to listen whenever you need some good mood and energy. Jimmy Eat World - here they are, ladies and gentlemen.



I hope they'll reach out to European fans more in the coming years! Let's give them likes folks.

          

No comments:

Post a Comment